Housing advice

November 10th, 2013 | demotesting_7

Categories: ,

Comments: 2 Comments

Find out what to do if you are worried about becoming homeless.
Contact your council: You can apply to the council for help as a homeless person

if you don’t have anywhere to live. The council has to provide accommodation immediately while it makes enquiries into your situation.


Local councils have to give advice to people who are homeless or will be homeless soon. All councils should operate a 24-hour service for people in emergency situations and should publish an out-of-hours emergency number.

Use Gov.uk’s local council finder to find your local council’s website, or use our directory to find details of your local council’s housing department.


Find a local face-to-face adviser

An advice agency can tell you what emergency housing is available in your area and if you can get help from the council.

They may be able to refer you to a hostel or nightshelter.

Use advice services directory to find a face-to-face advice agency, such as Citizens Advice, in your area.

See if you’re eligible for free legal advice

For free, expert legal guidance call Civil Legal Advice on 0345 345 4 345.

You may be able to get help from their legal advisers if you qualify for legal aid. Have information about your income and savings handy so the adviser can tell you if you qualify.

Their advisers can tell you if the council has a duty to house you, and can help you challenge a decision made by the council.


  1. Donec ullamcorper nulla non metus auctor fringilla. Donec id elit non mi porta gravida at eget metus. Soft lad gi’ o’er shurrup ee by gum appens as maybe ah’ll learn thi. Soft lad tell thi summat for nowt nah then will ‘e ‘eckerslike what’s that when it’s at ooam t’foot o’ our stairs.

  2. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.Donec id elit non mi porta gravida at eget metus.

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.